Sunday, February 14, 2010

And here I wait




The best part of a deployment is R&R. And here I wait for Eric to come home on R&R. It has not been an easy wait. He left the FOB (forward operating base) on Feb. 9, from there he went to KAF (Kandahar Air Field) he stayed there for a couple days. He was at KAF for awhile due to weather delays. He then went on to Kuwait to wait, haha!! He was supposed to be leaving there on the 13th and getting to Seattle sometime in the evening of the 14th. A Valentine on Valentine's day. How great would that be...to bad it didn't happen. When I talked to him last he was still in Kuwait...waiting. He told me that if I didn't hear from him in the morning he was on a flight. I didn't hear from him today. Wooo hooo!!! He should be here sometime tomorrow...IF he doesn't get delayed in Dallas. So here I wait, in my world, for my wonderful husband to make it home for R&R. Tomorrow is my son's 7th birthday. How great would your dad showing up for your birthday be??

No comments:

Post a Comment