Sunday, March 6, 2011

I know it's been forever

Things have been crazy around here. I just wanted to blog about this really quick and I hope in the next few weeks I can get back on track.

Willow had the opportunity to have a playdate with her friend Heidi, and just Heidi...no sisters, no brothers, no dogs, just the 2 of them. I took them to Nisqually wildlife refuge. They had so much fun playing and chatting with each other, as much as 16-18 month olds don't speak, they had a lot to say to each other. They spent most of their time picking up rocks and handing them to each other.
They would examine each rock and decide if it was worth hanging onto. If it was they would hold it for a few minutes, if not they would throw it down.
I think Willow has deemed this rock acceptable ;)

They they would move on with examining more rocks...I tried to get them to explore other parts of the area, but they were just not interested. I really wanted to get more pictures of the barn in the background, but these little toddlers move pretty quick.

Heidi went up to the door touched it then darted off. This was a fun day. Just being able to watch the girls, as they were able to run about. Not having to shuffle a bunch of kids one way or the other.  Willow has just started saying Heidi. She only has a few words in her vocabulary, right now, and they way she says Heidi and gets this super happy look on her face, makes my heart melt. 


I think they are going to be friends for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment